Notepad is a small and fast notetaking app for making notes, memos, or just any plain text content. Features:
* simple interface that most of the users find easy to use
* no limits on note's length or number of notes (of course there's a limit to phone's storage)
* creating and editing text notes
* importing notes from txt files, saving notes as txt files
* sharing notes with other apps (e.g. sending a note in Gmail)
* notes widget allowing to quickly create or edit notes, working like post it notes (stick a memo to home screen)
* backup function for saving and loading notes from a backup file (zip file)
* app password lock
* color themes (including dark theme)
* note categories
* automatic note saving
* lines in background, numbered lines
* technical support
* search function that can quickly find text in notes
* unlock app with biometrics (e.g. fingerprint)
** Important **
Please remember to make a backup copy of notes before formatting a phone or buying a new phone. Since the 1.7.0 version the app will also use Google device copy, if it's turned on in the device's and the app's settings.
* Why do I advise to not install the app on an SD card?
I follow Google's advice to block installing on an SD card apps that use widgets. This app uses widgets, which are like icons for the notes, and can be placed on a phone's home screen (for example).
* Why is the permission for writing on SD card listed on the permissions list?
It's currently not used. It was an optional permission for cases when a backup copy was to be saved on the device. Play Store shows historical permissions, even if it's no longer in use by the app.
Please remember that the permission can be revoked at any moment by going into the app's settings. Also, the app will ask for the permission when needed.
If you have any additional questions, just contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .